Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba is on the front lines of security in the Caribbean.
GTMO supports the ability of U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships and allied nation ships to operate in the area by providing contingency logistical support. The base supports U.S. Federal agencies to help care for displaced migrants from the surrounding area. Additionally, it provides assistance to the fleet in support of narco-terrorism operations.
To support its mission, GTMO must make sure inventories stay stocked and equipment and automobiles are ready for duty at a moment’s notice.
However, the geographic location of the base – an isolated edge of a remote island – and the diplomatic relationship between the U.S. and Cuban governments make logistics challenging. Lead times on materials can be long. Finding consistent skilled staffing can be problematic.
SoBran provides GTMO with both warehousing and automotive repair to keep base operations running smoothly. Services include:
- Expert on-site storage, warehousing management and support for the Naval Hospital and Joint Task Force
- On-site vehicle maintenance and repair services for the island’s cars and trucks, including the smooth provision of equipment, parts, products and supplies for the Navy Exchange Service Comment (NEXCOM)
- Highest quality of service
- Streamlined processes
- Quality assurance
- Stability of on-site management
- Extensive contract experience supporting military entities
Going the Extra Mile
The SoBran team at GTMO has become integral to operations at GMTO, even under extreme circumstances. When Tropical Storm Isaac threatened the island in 2012, team members jumped in to protect equipment, sandbagging and moving vehicles to higher ground. They remained on site alongside the GMTO staff throughout the weekend and avoided damage to valuable property as a result.
Case in Brief:
Industry: U.S. Military
Customer Since: 2012
SoBran Services: Warehousing and automotive repair in challenging environment