We don’t often think about what our mail has been next to, or touched. But the news last week about a student mailing his high school vice principal cow and dog excrement brings into question the possibility for cross-contamination on the surface of an unopened letter or package.
Many unseemly things are mailed. For example:
- Legitimate Internet feces sending services
- Medical Waste such as mail-back needle disposal
- Diseased and rotting pieces of meat, skeletal remains through border smuggling
- Sulfuric and nitric acid and other bomb making materials
- Infectious biologics and germs between approved labs