May 26, 2016 (Greensboro, NC)
– Today SoBran, Inc., is opening a pre-clinical contract research facility at Gateway University Research Park in Greensboro, NC. To celebrate the opening and to support researchers in North Carolina, SoBran BioScience and the North Carolina Biotechnology Center Piedmont Triad office are unveiling the Innovation for Impact Prize. The Innovation for Impact Prize rewards researchers working to help heal, fuel or feed the world.
Efficiency and Quality for Researchers
SoBran’s goal is to help researchers reach decisions faster, reducing their costs. Research clients benefit from direct communication with SoBran laboratory staff and ISO 9001:2008 quality management. The SoBran BioScience team has successfully implemented their high quality and efficient process for GLP-compliant studies at the SoBran contract research facility in the Science & Technology Park at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD.
According to Dr. Gregory Kelly, Senior Vice President for SoBran
“SoBran chose North Carolina for its welcoming business environment. There are an estimated 600 bioscience companies and over 50 universities and colleges. Proximity to the thriving North Carolina A&T research community was particularly important to us.”
According to Dr. Barry L. Burks, Vice Chancellor for Research and Economic Development at North Carolina A&T
“Our researchers will benefit from the high levels of service and compliance expertise of the SoBran team. The addition of SoBran’s CRO will provide further opportunity to advance bioscience research in the region.”
Innovation for Impact Prize
Also announced today is the Innovation for Impact Prize. SoBran is teaming with the North Carolina Biotechnology Center (NCBC) Piedmont Triad office to honor the vibrant North Carolina research community.
Researchers at universities and emerging companies are invited to answer, “How will your research heal, fuel or feed the world in the future?”
- The deadline for entry is October 1, 2016, and winners will be announced at the NCBC Triad BioNight in Fall 2016.
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive a pre-clinical research study valued at $10,000 and a cash prize of $1,000.
- Four (4) Finalists will also receive prizes.
- The entry form and rules are at www.innovationforimpact.com.
“There is such important research coming out of the Piedmont Triad region and the State. We’re happy to be working with SoBran on the Innovation for Impact Prize to recognize and encourage this innovation,”
said Nancy Johnston, Executive Director of the North Carolina Biotechnology Center Piedmont Triad office.
Commitment to the Community
The SoBran team is dedicated to supporting the individuals and communities where it does business. SoBran CEO and founder Amos L. Otis has joined the NC A&T Board of Visitors. The SoBran team will also be supporting the North Carolina Biotechnology Center in the North Carolina Pavilion at the BIO International Convention in San Francisco June 6-9.
About SoBran BioScience
SoBran BioScience has nearly 20 years of experience supporting complex preclinical research and drug discovery for government agencies, academic institutions, and biotechnology companies. SoBran is ISO 9001:2008 certified and leads the industry in designing and managing ethical animal care programs that meet the most demanding regulatory standards.
+ 1 703.352.9511